Tulsa, Oklahoma near the original Black Wall Street.
I guess that meme of DaQuan—the one y’all thought was funny—came true mhmmm 😒
- kicked their daughter out (left her at a homeless shelter)
- found out she had left the shelter to live with a guy
- tracked them down at 9 at night to yell at her
- shot her unarmed boyfriend (killing him)
- shot at her after she ran to hide in the bushes
- shot at the bf’s 13 yr old brother (hitting him in the arm)
- fled the scene
- were allowed to turn themselves in
- were put on PAID suspension
Attempted murder (and shooting at minors!) only gets paid leave. The more one scratches the surface..
I like can’t even process the amount of racism and violence that has suddenly spiked. Not that it’s not like it was never happening but fucking hell I’m seeing a new story everyday about some child of color getting gunned down like an animal while white guys that shoot up schools and movie theaters get probation because “they where so mentally ill.” I hate the world
This happened earlier this month. Both parents are members of the Tulsa police force.
“Both are held at the Tulsa jail, police chief Chuck Jordan said, but are confined in an area away from other inmates they may have come into contact with on the job.”
Yeah wow that’d be so scary for them.
The article also cites two of the killers’ neighbors who, naturally, call them “wonderful” and praise their parenting. Further down in the article, it says there “were no incident reports” for the victim at the homeless shelter, because that’s totally relevant information.